Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Another day

Not much has transpired since yesterday. I realize I haven't really mentioned my dad in a while. In January my dad was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in his colon. At first he didn't want any treatment and wanted to just live out the rest of his life as best he could, which may have been as short as 3 months.. The doctor convinced him that a chemo treatment could prolong his life by at least a year. He has had three treatments with minimal side effects and seems to be doing fine. My mom decided we don't need weekly conference calls to discuss his condition. I spoke to him last Friday and he sounded really good and he and my mom are planning to come up north over the summer. I still need to book a trip for sometime in May. I just wish I knew what to do with Tigger, my cat while I would be away.

Life is full of peaks and valleys and I get so focused on my own crap I can easily forget just how easy I really have it. Even though I don't have anyone special I can call girlfriend or wife I do feel loved. There are so many people who care about me I can actually pick and chose those who I spend my time and energy on. I need to get some order in my life and just reduce the clutter. Getting off my ass is a priority. I will clean my kitchen tonight and tomorrow. My goal is to have a dinner with any of my friends who will come.

No comments: