Monday, March 31, 2008

Normalcy returns

Saturday night and Sunday were about the same as any other weekend. The excitement of Friday night has dissipated. I worked on the boat both Saturday and Sunday and then went to the bar for a few hours before going home. I didn't see or hear from Coleen after Saturday morning. I guess with the boyfriend back from Atlantic City this should be expected. I'm trying not to turn this into an obsession.

I am looking at my surroundings and realizing just how sloppy I have become. I need to dedicate myself to putting things in order. I mean for the first time in forever the possibility of someone sharing my life could happen and she would probably run my my house screaming from all the clutter I have. I need to get into my closets and throw away what I'm never going to use. I'll start with the living room I think. Then the kitchen. Then the bedroom and the bathroom last. The bathroom is probably the easiest.My thought is to take everything out of the room and only put back things that look right. I would really like some new furnature too. Maybe that a little too ambitious.

This week should be an easy week. I got paid today and after the rent, car insurance, cell-phone bill and Kohl's bill come out of it I have a few dollars left. This Friday will be a wine tasting dinner which are always fun. It will have the same cast of characters that I see at the bar - no Coleen though.

Lisa had asked if I could look in on her place this coming Saturday, but now she says she will be home instead. Her cats are the main reason I would need to be there. As time goes on I find myself getting more and more dissatified by her and all the crap that she has. I don't have a key so she needed to get me a copy. But she has plans everyday and I'm so unimportant that she couldn't find a way to get them to me. Her entire life now revolves around Carmine and if I'm lucky she squeezes me in for an hour or two for a dinner. We used to have conversations several time a week. Now all of our contact comes in instant message chats online while she is in the car. She has no isea what I'm doing any more and I'm sure I'm out of the loop as far as she goes. I'm wondering how much longer before we stop talking all together.

My boat will now take up most of my free time. I have 4 weekends to get everything working. I'm trying not to make any other weeekend plans until that's done. Hopefully not too much rain for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mike! I got my computer back after 2 months of trying to get it fixed.... All I needed was a  windows xp cd coudn't find anyone with it. I havn't had a chance to read any journal enties but I'll catch up on everything later tonight. Gizmo is doing so much better, I so glad he is I was upset for along time about him. I hope your good and I'll ttyl

Anonymous said...

Hey mike! I got my computer back after 2 months of trying to get it fixed.... All I needed was a  windows xp cd coudn't find anyone with it. I havn't had a chance to read any journal enties but I'll catch up on everything later tonight. Gizmo is doing so much better, I so glad he is I was upset for along time about him. I hope your good and I'll ttyl