Thursday, March 6, 2008

The week is dragging.

It's Thursday morning. I've been dealing with so many boring things I'm almost ready to give myself a lobodomy. Tuesday I went to a town hall meeting and actually represented my organization by voicing my concern over an issue. I did fairly well although I was nervous as hell. The fight or flight kicked in as fear we all I could think about. Lucky I had made a few notes so I concentrated on making my point and then moved on. I'm told I did fine.

This inspired me to take some action as far as getting our spring meeting scheduled and also move forward with some other things. I made about a dozen phone calls last night trying to reach members. So at least I made the attempt at being competent.

Tuesday I was on my way home on the train and I was feeling very chatty for some reason. I sent a text message to Coleen from my cell phone. She was out at the bar. She sent me a message :"How was your dad". I thought I must have told her about my dad being sick so I told her about his chemo. Turns out she meant to say "How was your day.?"  Only one letter different but a completely different question. So at first she thought I was getting chemo. I had to call her and explain. I'm starting to understand now just why it is I should run away and run away fast.

I did get an email from Janet this morning about making plans for a dinner with friends on April 5th. So I asked her to go out to hear some music tonight but she can't go. So I'll be going with Lisa and Carmine. So it will be a late night tonight.

No comments: