Saturday, March 29, 2008

All about the dinner

Sorry this is so late. This is actually my third attempt at an entry. I hope to be able to read this one day and look back and know I've gotten it right.

Yes, I had dinner with Coleen. It sure felt very date-like. I woke up this morning (alone - it wasn't THAT good of a dinner) feeling very much like I have new future. Okay, okay... I'm getting a little too dramatic.

I left work and went straight to the bar where Coleen and I had arranged to meet. I got there and didn't see her at first but she had been there for a while before I did. When I saw her she said "are you hungry yet"? So we had just one glass of wine and we headed for the car.

We had a choice to make as to which restaurant to go to. She only knew on one and I wanted her to try a different one. She gave in to my choice. So we sat down and started chatting and just loved everything. She was great company.

We talked and laughed. I had fun. It felt a little magical. It was all so easy. I tried to keep my conversation light. Not much talk about the boyfriend. In all honesty I didn't take notes so it's hard to remember what we chatted about. At the end of dinner ... we were both full way before the food was gone, I told her that if she let me pay I'll let her pay next time. Of course that was a lie but I really wanted to see how she felt about there being a next time. She looked happy about that.

So we paid the check and headed back in her car but with me driving. She put her favorite music on the CD and it wasn't something I knew but I did like it. SHE'S A COUNTRY MUSIC GIRL!!! So cool. You see, in NY there are no country music stations so it's rare that you find someone who likes it here.

So we got back to the bar and before we got out of the car she surprised me with a kiss. Not big kiss ... just a quick kiss and a thank you. It was over before I knew what had happened.  So we went into the bar and had a drink. The bar was filled with people we knew. Roberta, Janet, Tony, and Jami were sitting at the usual end of the bar. They all teased us because we reeked of Indian food. Which was fine with me.

I can't make too much of a deal about this, even though Coleen messaged me before I'd even gotten out of bed this morning. I hope she has the good feeling today like I do. I'm going to see what happens and not expect too much. I realize that right now her boyfriend is back and he it her number one. If that changes I'll be happy but if it doesn't I can at least say I had one good dinner.

No comments: