Thursday, March 27, 2008

As I Get Closer The Farther Things Get

After spending the day yesterday wondering what I'd missed just before leaving the office I received a text message on my cell phone from Coleen asking if I was working in NYC today or at home. Since I was in the office I called her and we spoke as I walked to the train station. Wednesday is her short day and she had been off since 2. Mark was supposed to meet her somewhere and he was 2 hours late. She was sipping some wine and I told her to take it easy on that. I didn't get all the details but Coleen and Mark seem like they are still together, but just barely. How I fit into that I don't know.

Coleen said that they had planned dinner but she was unsure. I said I would be home by 6 and she could call me. She said she would try but if she couldn't we would talk tomorrow. Never heard from her. Obviously Mark finally showed up.

So I'm in her head enough that she calls me just to talk. Logic tells me she just needed to feel wanted at a moment when Mark wasn't there. And I filled the bill. So for a moment there I felt like I had her right in my hands but then she just slipped away.

So this morning I was reading some of my earlier entries to see where my head was at just a few months ago. I pretty much see that there was something there from her immediately. That it isn't just me. All the times I've ever found myself in a relationship they always seemed to have a spark right away and there isn't a lot of stops and starts like this. That's what is making me a little pessimistic today.

So this morning I sent a text message to her. Nothing scary, just a good morning. She responded. She was just starting work. I was tempted to send a response but decided I would just let it simmer. I know she works starting at 8:30 and it was close to 9 so she must have been late. I wonder why.

No comments: