Monday, March 3, 2008

All about the weekend

Sunday I broke down and sent a text message to Coleen and told her I'd go up to the bar for a little while in the afternoon. I got there at 4 p.m. and no one was there so I got a beer and sat back and watched the Isles get beat. Before I even had 2 sips Coleen and Mark come rolling in. They grab 2 seats about half was down the end of the bar. So I go over and say hello and wish Coleen a happy birthday ... it was the day before. I said hello to Mark who barely shook my hand. I guess he sees me for who I am ... wishing I could steal his girlfriend. But I am the gracious loser and head back to my end of the bar. But I kept getting caught checking her out or maybe I kept catching her checking me out. We did have a few brief conversations but she was pretty much bouncing around talking to everyone she knows. She is very outgoing which is probably why I feel such and attraction. I keep telling myself not to look at her in a romantic way but it's really hard because she likes to touch me. Nothing sexual, but a hand on the shoulder or a hug that lasts just a little longer than I would expect. And we keep talking about going out for Indian food because we both love it and no one else really will go. She said we can just both go. Like a dream come true. Somehow I think that will never happen.

I didn't talk to Lisa all weekend and first thing this morning she sends me an IM. I realized that I hadn't really sat down with her in about a month. I still have her birthday present for her too. So I asked her to come to dinner tonight. I have a nice dinner that I can make. Of course the house is kind of a mess though. Lucky it's Lisa who I've never needed to try and impress even though I want to.

So there we are .... My life and where I'm at. Pretty much just running on ice.

No comments: