Friday, March 28, 2008

Plan? There Aint No Plan?

Remember that from Road Warrior? Here I am careening down the tracks as fast as I can with no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing. But my foot is on the gas and I'm looking straight ahead. What next?

So after my morning text message exchange with Coleen yesterday I didn't hear from her again. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Coleen is trying to fix her relationship and not trying to give up on it so all I can be at this point is a distraction. It was a mistake to go have a meal with them. Now if Coleen discusses going somewhere for dinner I won't know if it's to join her for dinner or them for dinner. The best thing is to just not do it.

I finally heard from Lisa yesterday. She sent me a text message to my phone. She is going away for a weekend and wanted me to look in on her cats. Of course I said yes even though it's almost an hour's drive each way. I don't have a key to get into her house so she will need to take care of the before she goes.

I also had dinner at a restaurant with Maryliz, Kenny and Charlie. That would be my sister and her husband and son. Charlie now calls himself an only child now that his 2 older siblings are away at college. It was an uneventful meal but it was nice to get out.

Today is Friday.... my night for going to the bar. My one chance to see Coleen. Not sure if anyone is planning to be there. I know Janet is going to be late if she is even there. Roberta is barely 50/50 to go. Jami is always there. Seems like I always end up seeing Jami more than anyone. Maybe I shouldn't go for a change. Not that likely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there.  I stumbled onto your journal a week or so ago, and I am somewhat addicted now!  :)  I feel like I am watching a movie in my head.
Anyway, I felt like a "lurker" so I figured I would say hello.
My advice is....  play a little harder to get.  People (not just men) are generally more intersted in things that are a bit out of reach.  
I can't wait to see who was at the bar tonight.
Jen

Anonymous said...

The saga continues. Playing hard to get always leaves me cold and alone. Seems like I wear my heart on my sleeve anyway. I've had three different people already ask me about what is going on with me and Coleen. And she sent me a text message thisa morning and we have been swapping them all day. Now she si calling me. That's not hard to get is it?