Monday, March 17, 2008

Mike-s weekend Pt 1

I was away from my computer practically all weekend. So living life is good. Mostly anyway.

I guess I'll go in chronilogical order. This may take more than one entry

Friday night I made my way to the Italian restaurant and had dinner with Janet. Just a simple dinner of pizza and chianti. Maybe it was the wine but I definately ran out of gas early. Towards the end of the night Janet and I started to discuss things more serious than usual. Appantly I made a comment the week before that I thought her harcut didn't look good. She said I should have said anything. I had thought that I said it wasn't a good look for her but i guess I may have been too critical... but I tried to make a point that since we are close friends I feel I can be honest and not just give her insincere compliments. I guess that opened the door because she then asked if I would like some honest criticism from her... I said she probably couldn't tell me anything I don't already know. So Janet then said to me I need to do something about how overweight I've become. I need to start exercising and watching my diet so I can be around for a good long life.

Like I said ... my little voice in my head has been saying the same thing. So maybe the thing standing in the way of my getting some of the things I've been complaining about on this blog is my own fault. I am taking what she said very serious. So here is my vow in this blog.... I will lose 10 percent of my current weight by Memorial Day weekend. That's 23 lbs. This will start the day after Easter. And I will try to begin running at least twice a week. My goal is to run the 5k with my brother over the summer. And I will get my bicycle out of the closet and ride at least once a weekend.  

Lisa has been dieting for at least a month and on Saturday I felt the need to talk to her about this. But my calls to her went unanswered and she never even tried to call me back. I wanted her advice and maybe to just share my pain a little. What Janet said is weighing very heavy on my mind... but I do know that what she said she said with love. She really cares for me. Maybe I'll go back to the gym and see what kind of membership I can afford.

No comments: