Sunday, March 2, 2008

Good time weekend

I have been going non-stop since I left work on Friday. This is my first chance to sit down and write. Just before leaving the office on Friday I received a call from Mike asking if I would join him Saturday to watch the Rangers hockey practice followed by a lunch where we would meet the players. That was fun but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Friday night I went to a bar crawl in Sea Cliff. I'll attach some pictures soon. There are only 4 places there so it wasn't anything huge. It was however very popular. They had 200 tickets and it sold out. It was fun. I saw quite a few people I recognized although not anyone I knew. It got crowded in some places which we are not used to. Janet and Roberta were drinking wine and they were done early. I ended the night having a drink at the bar with Jami. Again. I'm struggling with the fact I keep ending up with Jami who keeps offering to have me sleep on her couch rather than drive home. Anyone else and I'd be there. But I just can't.

Then I got up early and spent Saturday with Mike from the office watching the Rangers. I'm a Islander fan so I really wasn't as into it as Mike was but it was fun. We were sitting having lunch and this guy  introduced himself as Nigel and sat down to eat with us. I didn't even realize he was one of the players until I looked at a picture on the table. We had good conversation.

It was also good to hang with Mike. We used to talk every day and share lunch, but over the years we haven't really been able to hang out any more. Afterwards I saw his wife Gina and I sat for 30 minutes or so and had a nice conversation. It was great to renew friendships. I hope maybe we can do something like that again.

So while we were on our way back I got a call on the cell from Janet. I had wanted to have dinner with her so it worked out perfect. We agreed to have dinner at Stango's... a place we haven't gone to in months. I went there without even going home. We walked into Stango's and behind the bar is Erin, my cousin's daughter. She has worked there as a fill in bartender from time to time. She is like her mom, very pretty and outgoing. So rather than get a table we sat at the bar. It was fun and Janet and I drank a ton of wine. My cousins Bernadette, Patty Anne and Peter all cam in too. So I was having a good time bouncing around from one conversation to another.

After Stango's we stopped at the Bar and had a nightcap. Then I drove her home where she got right out of the car and went in. I was glad to be going home... even though it was late. So I did do everything I'd planned ... but no romance which is no shock. In fact Janet struck up quite a conversation with my cousin Peter. I wonder what could happen there. Not even a twinge of jealousy.

Things I didn't do ... See Coleen on her birthday. Talk to Lisa. Very unusual but not a big surprise. Both are involved with their boyfriends so I am so much better off not thinking about them. But I still do. Less and less though.

No comments: