Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My World and Welcome To It

Spent a good part of last evening on the phone with Janet. We had a nice conversation and I was surprised at how she seemed to be very comfortable on the phone with me. It was as if she had wanted to hear from me. I told her about my vow to make getting fit a priority and how it was her advice that has inspired me. I did that if for no other reason to commit to making this happen. We spoke for a good hour.

So we are making plans. Nothing big, just going out to see some music on Thursday night. It's not a date. Let me make that perfectly clear. Neither one of us wants it to be that. Such an odd place I come to in my life. I can go out with Janet because I'm not that interested in her, but the one I really want to go out with, Coleen, I can't go out with because she is involved with someone. And Jami likes me but I don't like Jami that way. I wonder what Joe would say if he were still here. Some love life I have....

I also spoke with Lisa last night. She was considering going on Thursday night too but now she has other plans. She is having dinner with a contact she made where she hopes to be offered a better job. I asked her if this was a business dinner or a date. She was very evasive. She said she wants to maintain this contact in the hopes of getting a better job. I love how she rationalizes things. Basically she is cheating on Carmine and using this as an excuse. I guess I can't say anything since I'm only speculating. I'm just glad I'm not the one she cheats on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your journal, it's actually one of my favorites!  I find your day to day life fun and interesting! Great entries! Thanks for the glimpse

Cindy