Friday, March 7, 2008

Hello - another ding dang day

Went with Lisa and Carmine last night for dinner and to hear music. Mariana and her husband John came too. It was a good time. Made me think back to the days when I first starting hanging out at the NS Cafe with Janet. I really love hearing music live. Mike and Greg were awesome. We could only stay until about 10:30 because we all had work in the morning.

Although dinner with Lisa and Carmine was fine I feel a little odd seeing them together. Carmine is nice enough but he never talks. All the conversation at dinner was me and Lisa. I would try to bring Carmine into the conversation but he would just be passive and quiet to the point of making me very uncomfortable. I can't tell if I feel this way out of jealousy or I just find Carmine to be just weird. This is confirmed by an email I got this morning from Mariana.....here it is;

It was nice seeing Lisa, she seems happy. Carmine is a very quiet guy. I don't think he actually said a word, just a lot of nodding. Are they dating long?

So there it is... it's not just me. I'll be curious to see if Lisa sees it eventually. Right now she seems happy and I should be her friend and let her be. She has already said to me that Carmine has a way of shutting down, whatever that means. So perhaps he isn't always so quiet and will become more outgoing over time. I may not be around much if he isn't.

I called Coleen yesterday after she sent me a text message. I'll be at the bar for happy hour and see her there. It was kind of an odd conversation as she was at Mark's house at the time and I'm sure he knew she was talking to me. Maybe I didn't need to call her but it seemed fine. I guess I'm not considered a threat to their bond. I will see her only a short time then she will go make Mark his dinner. I feel pretty silly even wanting something to happen with her. She once again brought up going to dinner at an Indian Restaurant. It's something that I don't even want to do anymore.

No comments: