Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dinner with my sister's family

I accepted an invite from Maryliz to come for dinner. It wa a nice quiet evening that included a pork roast that was really a nice change for me. After dinner we looked at some of the old pictures that I have. We tried to figure out who most of the people were and Maryliz was pretty good at recognizing a lot of previously unknown faces. Kenny, my brother-in-law was his usual reserved self. Very quiet.

On the way there I got a call from Coleen. Just a short conversation about her GYNO tests last week. She said she is much better and she assured me that the tests were routine and expects nothing out of the ordinary. Well, that's a relief. She was actually out with Mark looking at new kitchen stuff. She spoke about his house as if she is entrenched into his life. I still don't know what it is that makes her tell me this.

It had me thinking last night as I was laying in bed with my insomniatic thoughts that I seem to be in this kind of situation over and over again. Whenever I find myself attracted to someone I can get close to them but only as a friend. In college it was Winnie T., at work it was Karen F. and Janet E., then Eileen from skiing, and Lisa, Janet, Roberta and now I see it happening again with Coleen. When I want to get closer I always find myself becoming a big part of a woman's life but never in the way I intend. I wish I could figure out what it is I do other than try to just make a connection. If love blooms I should see it. All I have right now are a bunch a dead flowers.

Okay - enough venting.

We will have a family conference call tonight regarding my dad's current condition. He should have completed his second chemo treatment. I don't know what to do other than listen and be hopeful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mike long time no talk lol Let me know about how your dad is doing. I hope he is doing ok.