Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Extra

My roller coaster ride continues. I'm back from my meeting. As planned prior to the meeting I stopped at the bar hoping to see Coleen. And she was there. She looked good having come from work wearing a below the knee dress. She would cross her legs that would reveal her thighs. At first I felt pressure to make smart small talk and didn't seem to be doing well. Coleen looked distracted and I soon found out she was planning to meet Mark for dinner there. That clinched my plan to go to my meeting. Mark came in and I gave him a nice hello with my best poker face. I then left them to their small talk. There were others there to talk to so I would only hear bits and pieces about what was going on. In a brief aside Coleen said just to me that she was upset because she wants a vacation and Mark wouldn't commit to anything. From what I overheard Mark can't take any time off of work and told Coleen to go away somewhere with out him. It was already 10 minutes past the time I needed to leave and put my coat on and just as I was about to say good night I heard Coleen say "this is the end for me". With that I was out the door. As I was driving I was thinking "were they breaking up?" She didn't seem emotional enough to be in a serious argument. But it seems like something was going on but I'd already put my coat on and if I had stayed it may have really added to the tension.

So my meeting was uneventful..I half expected for my phone to ring but you know what... if she did break up I'm the last person who needs to console her. I'd much rather hear about it after a day or two when she is really ready to move on. .

No comments: