Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dinner with Lisa

Last night's dinner went as about as expected. Lisa came over a little later than I'd hoped and left a little early too. But for the 2 hours she was there it was life had returned to my house. She got there at a little before 7 p.m. and I was just about ready to serve dinner. We had wine and I finally gave her her birthday gift. It was the new Sarah Bareilles CD. It made her happy.

I noticed she had jewelry on her ring finger, but on her right hand. I took a closer look and realized it was an engagement ring. I immediately said "what's that... are you engaged?" She said no... that the the ring was her late sister's. But then she kind of rolled her eyes and said "I wish". So I fully expect that to be the next bomb to drop although Carmine at 50 something my be hesitant to get engaged. I reminded Lisa that she should be patient and even though they know each other for 15 years they only really became a couple a few months ago. Why am I the one who has to say this?

We talked about me and how I saw Coleen with her boyfriend on Sunday and also how I feel I have a "situation" with Jami. I could tell Lisa sees me as kind of lost as she couldn't give me much insight other than to proceed as I have been. It would be really bad if I caved in and had a fling just to have one, with someone who was within such a close circle of friends. And as far as Coleen goes... unless she suddenly threw herself at me I am just going to enjoy knowing her and maintain my distance.

There is a live music show near where Lisa lives on Thursday snd I asked her to go. So I think we will have dinner and then out on Thursday. Probably Carmine will come too. I need to get used to him being a big part of Lisa's world. Once again I will be the gracious loser and extend whatever olive branch I can muster. I actually was told about the music by Janet who I would have really liked to join me but she says she has plans. She also thinks it's too far away. She doesn't know what she is missing.

No comments: