Sunday, March 9, 2008

Here I Sit - Sunday morning

My weekend is pretty much done even though I still have all day today. We pretty much got rain from Friday to all day Saturday. And not just a little rain either. But big rain all day. It was annoying but really had no impact with how I went about my day.

Friday night I went down to the bar and saw Coleen and Jami there. Jami is always there. I go in and see Jami and say hello and then I see Coleen. She isn't wearing the usual jeans and a flannel shirt. Today it's a pink top and a short black skirt. Really short. And tight. With black boots and sheer black stockings. Damn... I wasn't ready for this. She looked good. It was hard not to drool.

Of course she wasn't staying long. She was going to see her boyfriend Mark. It was the best hour and a half of my weekend. She keeps doing this thing where she will talk to me and stand just a little closer than someone would expect. It's never in a time and place where I can make any kind of move but if body language means anything I feel more is there. Just not now.

So I left the bar a little while after Coleen left and went to see Janet at our favorite Italian restaurant. We hung out and did our usual chit-chat about stuff. No romance there. I just like being out with Janet. We actually made some plans for Saturday that never became reality. We also made a trip back to the bar and I still haven't eaten. Yes... wine and no food.. I was done in a bout 5 minutes and headed home. It was only 10 o'clock. I got home and went right to sleep.

Saturday it rained so I was home all day. At 3 o'clock I got a call to meet at the bar. We would do happy hour and then call it a night early. I was fine with that. After going out Thursday and Friday nights I needed an early night. So I got to the bar at about 4:30 and at first saw the usual crowd there. Janet, Judy, Roberta, Jami were the girls. Then I noticed Coleen's Mark was there. I realized she was in the bathroom so she was there too. I had some money so I went to the jukebox to play some music. I'm starting to learn that when ever I do that Coleen will always come and help me pick songs. It's my best opportunity to have one-on-one conversation. And she does! Shee was telling me about her day when she kind of dropped a bomb on me. She had gone to her doctor and had a biopsy done. There may be a problem. I won't go into details but she really looked nervous. I was caught off guard and we did say it's just a test and she is probably fine. But then I said that bout my dad. So this bears watching.

She and Mark left soon after. When there were gone someone initiated a conversation about how she and Mark just seem like they aren't in sync. Of course i eat that up but I kept quiet. If sonething happens it shouldn't be because of me.

So that was how the night pretty much ended. I was home at 8 o'clock and watched the movie Grindhouse on cable. Good movie but you had to stay with it until the end for the payoff. Typical Tarantino movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've just been catching up on your journal (I misplaced it for a while and only now have found it) ...anyway, I do enjoy reading your entries, keep 'em coming

Cindy