Monday, April 28, 2008

My life is still rated G

I really wanted my weekend to last just a little bit longer. Even though my weekend had a very roller-coaster feel to it my Sunday turned out to be my best day in quite some time. Things started very slow with me pretty much spending the morning at home trying to clean. I was home through lunch and then I loaded up the car and got ready to head for the boat even though it was a cold dreary day. I figured I could at least get some cleaning done in the cabin. Who am I kidding?... I also had hopes that Coleen would find a way to stop by.

But before I'd even left my house I got a phone call from her. Even though she was with her boyfriend I could tell she was looking for something to do. I told her my plan which included going for a drink toward the end of the day. So I got my chored done by about 4:30 and made my way to the bar. I sent a text msg to Coleen and she said she'd be there. When I first walked into the bar is was quiet and only one or two people I knew. My four closest friends are away in the Dominican Republic so I settled in and chatted it up with Michelle, the bartender.

I expected Coleen to bring along the boyfriend but she arrived alone. For a few minutes I felt like all the stars were lining up for me. But there is still a ways to go. We played some pool... dumped a lot of money in the juke box and most just had a good time with all the people that we know. Eventually more and more of our friends came by. This guy Dean showed up. Coleen and him dated a few years ago but I don't think it went very far. I'm not sure what to make of that, but I was curious to see how they acted together. Didn't see anything to get jealous about. They seemed like friends.

After a few hours Coleen let it be known that she had asked Mark, the bf, to join her for a drink. When it was obvious that he was a no show I could see her feeling very frustrated. She was venting to Tony about it when I heard her mention that if she doesn't get some kind of "validation" (my word, not hers) by July 2nd she would be done and move on. I'm so glad she isn't telling me this because it would be very hard for me to be sensitive to how she feels when inside I'm saying "YES!, dump him".

So now I am looking at a calendar and thinking about how to make it through the next 2 months. I have reasons to believe it's not even going to be that long. I know it seems like this is happening at a snails pace but I really truly believe if I can be patient I can see it all happen.

So it was getting towards dinner time and Coleen said she needed to go back to Mark's to get some things. I suggested if she wanted to eat we could get something. She said maybe and she would text me and let me know. Then she gave me a big kiss on my ear. I'm not sure but I think she may have used her tongue. 

About a half hour later she sent me a text tsaying she was "very upset". I responded with "What can I do?" and she just said "I'm tired and need to go home". And that was that. What will happen now is anyone's guess but I do sense that she is still holding on to her bf. I expect it to stay this way until at least Memorial Day... but who knows. It's all really up to her now.

No comments: