Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday junk

I did not have a very good day yesterday. I took the day off from work but it was not a very constructive day. About the only positive thing I did was I got some laundry done. I managed to scrounge together $10 and went to the bar for the first time in weeks. The only one there to talk to was Jimmy which was okay although it wasn't that great.
After being there just an hour or so I went home and made a nice dinner after which I just sat and watched TV. It was such a nice night out too but there wasn't anyone around so rather than sit alone on the boat for the 4th night in a row I stayed home and bonded with my cat. I got to a point where I just needed to have someone to have some kind of contact with.
The biggest problem is I have this new smart phone that I can use to contact people in all sorts of ways. Last night it was just quiet. No calls, emails, text messages or even anything on FB. I was left feeling alone and isolated. This does happen and usually there is a break withing a day or two where I do have people reach out to me. Never when I am ready but at least I can feel secure that it will occur.
Tonight is Friday. I have not made plans with anyone. I'd like to see Carolyn but since she is away and I am not sure when she is back I need to have no expectation for her to call me. Even if she gets home she needs to spend some time with the kids. Maybe I will send her a text but she may just need some space.
I thought I might see Lisa tonight. There is big band music playing Downtown and I know she was planning to go. But when I last spoke to her she had forgotten about it so odds are she may not come out. She has been fairly unhappy lately and I'm not sure why. There was a time when we would talk but she have not responded to me for a while and since she is engaged I've sort of not looked to change that.
Janet may be around. I won't be surprised if I don't end up spending a little more time with her and Roberta tonight. But they are not longer a regular part of my life so it will just be catching up. They stopped including me in their plans mostly because I chose other options. I just don't want to be a part of their circle.

No comments: