Saturday, June 28, 2008

A unexpected Saturday

I'm in a really good place at the moment. Things developed in a way that I should be happy about. Of course how good could it be if I'm here and able to make a blog entry and it's only 11 p.m. on a Saturday night. But stilll....details - okay

I woke up this morning after not doing anything last night. Staying in was my plan and I stuck to it. Finally at around noon I headed for the boat and while on the way I got a text message from Coleen. So I called her up and asked her to come down to the boat. She gave me a big fat maybe but in a little under an hour there she was walking down the dock towards my boat. So I got to hear the story of how she wasn't hearing from her boyfriend and she was wondering what it would be like to leave him. I struggled with how to respond with this.I mean of course I want her to break up and be free... it's inevitable.

So we sat and talked and I didn't say too much. We agreed to have dinner and we went to a new place. It was terrific. But not romantic. That's still a ways off if even at all. But I must say I am more optimistic than I've ever been. Tomorrow we may go out if the weather is good. If not then maybe Monday. Maybe I can find a way to say that I really like being her friend but I wish there could be so much more. Find a way to tell her and not lose her as a friend ... so much risk.

No comments: