Monday, February 11, 2008

Update on my Dad

My sister heard from my mom and she sent an email with an update;

Dad went to the oncologist today.  He has cancers cells in his liver, and
to a lesser degree, his lungs.  He will begin chemo starting Friday.   He
will receive a cocktail of 3 drugs, which Mom can name.  He will get chemo
2x a month.  It is not a cure.  It is to reduce the size of the tumors.  He
can eat whatever he wants to help him gain weight.  He is to try to drink
at least 64oz. of water every day to stay hydrated.  His count is 274.

Mom sounded very positive on the phone.

 Although it's not the best news, it's the first optimistic feedback I've gotten since my dad was diagnosed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your Dad.

Dan
http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you have a lil good news I am assuming! I will keep him in my pryers. Also hope your doing well!