Wednesday, February 13, 2008

If you can't find anything nice to say ...

So I took a day off from blogging yesterday. I'd been working from home and no one had really sent me any emails or messages. Rather than just write that Tuesday was just like Monday I didn't write anything.

It was so cold in my place. My front door is so drafty it feels like it's open. My poor cat endures that everyday. I found myself looking at the clock constantly until it was 3 and the timer clicked the heat up. I guess my landlord keeps it low until the kids get home from school.

The conference call with Mom late on Monday went well. She answered all of our concerns about how they are proceeding. I was a little curious as to why my dad had changed his mind about seeking treatment and how committed he was to seeing it through. My Mom stated that the oncologist had recommended the chemo if only to slow the progress of the tumor because of where it is. At some point he will need to endure an operation to remove his colon as it can rupture and be fatal if left untreated. My Mom also mentioned that this will extend my Dad's life although there is no way of know by how much as yet. At least they haven't given up and are taking some steps although my Mom was very adamant to mention that the treatment was not a cure and the prospect of remission is slim to none.

I'm back in the office today. It's been such a wonderful weather week. Sub-freezing cold for 2 days followed by tropical rain. Tomorrow the sun comes out but expect gale force winds. It's like every winter condition in just 4 days. Oh well, we've had it pretty good up until now.

Today is Lisa's birthday. I would have liked to have celebrated with her but she's reserved herself to be with boyfriend Carmine. Let's see what happens. Then tomorrow is Valentines Day. I left out in the cold. There will be drinking on Friday. I'm considering taking the day off.

No comments: