Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sorry - I skipped Saturday

I can't decide what direction to go today. While I am still reeling from the horribly bad news about my dad having cancer I still went out to the bar on Friday and Saturday to try and enjoy myself. And today is Super Bowl Sunday.

My dad is home from the hospital and I need to call but I've been putting it off for some reason. I can't imagine what he must be going through and I want to tell him how much I love him and want him to I'm here for whatever he needs. I'll call him right after I finish this entry.

My Friday night was quiet and somewhat disappointing. I spoke to Lisa before leaving the office and she was supposed to see her friend Paul but at the last minute he cancelled. So I thought I might have dinner with her but it wasn't definate and I thought she might not want to even see me. So at 7 p.m. I called and left a message and felt that she was unavailable. So I headed for the bar even though I wasn't expecting anyone else to be there. Lisa called me on my cell when I was almost there and she was just staying at home. So I made a plan for dinner on Saturday. I went to the bar because I did think there was a chance Coleen would be there. She wasn't. So I just relaxed and enjoyed some wine. Janet came in at around 10 but I left at a little after 11. Not much of a night.  

Saturday morning Janet called me and I told her of my plans to see Lisa and would be a no show that night. Then at 2 pm I got a text message from Coleen to have lunch. I was there in 15 minutes. It was just her and me for the whole afternoon. Her boyfriend was on a trip and she wanted to hang out with me! We had some drinks, played songs on the jukebox, played some pool, went for a ride to check on the boat. It was a great day.

I was ready to blow off dinner with Lisa. But I just couldn't. I told Coleen I had to meet Lisa for dinner and I could tell she wished I didn't go. So we made a plan for the Super Bowl party and I said bye and headed to out to see Lisa.

I decided at dinner I needed to tell Lisa about Coleen. So I did. I told her all about my afternoon and how confused I am because Coleen's boyfriend doesn't seem like he's really committed to her. That was what our dinner conversation revolved about. We finished dinner and went back to her house and she got tired and I left there by 9:30. A little earlier than I expected, but I figured it was still early enough to go back to the bar.

I got to the bar by 10and Janet and Roberta were there. And wow were they drunk. I was a little worried about Janet getting home. I was there for an hour then went home. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone tonight.

Well, time to call my dad in Florida.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to hear the bad news about your dad's health.