Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Middle of the week blues

Trying to come up with a plan to visit my parents in Florida. I called mom yesterday to see if they had lights and the power failure yesterday did not hit the part of Florida they were in. So we spoke on the phone for a bit about when a good time for me to visit might be. I told mom i was considering Saturday March 29th. She said why don't I come down sooner and go a wedding. Her former neighbor Michelle's daughter Jennifer is getting married. This stirred up memories from 10 years ago.

I was visiting when Michelle asked if I might look at their computer and see if I could fix it so Jennifer could use it. Jennifer was still in high school and much too young for me even then. Still when I met her she seemed nice and did make me wish I was younger. Later Michelle told me I should date her daughter ... I was shocked that her mom would even suggest that me, a man who was 40 at the time. I told her I would never be interested in a teenager. It was strange. My mom told me I had made some kind of impression on her and she seemed to have a crush on me. She asked about me more than once. Kids. I'm no pediphile but I will say this did stroke my ego quite a bit. I felt a little star crossed. I've always wondered about that. Now she is getting married ... I shouldn't be thinking about going but for some reason I am considering it. Does that make me twisted? I don't even think so. I'm not even invited. What would I do? Dance with the bride? Stupid idea.

I guess I've always had this "girl next door" fantasy. Where is the threapy when I need it?

Haven't heard much from anyone else this week. Even Lisa is keeping to herself a lot this week. I really have no idea what's going on with her right now. She wants to move to a bigger place and wants Carmine to move in too. They spent last weekend looking a apartments but she says he is being reluctant. Lisa says she hasn't made up her mind about him yet. No comment from me... she needs to figure this out on her own. But I have a shred of hope that she doesn't move. That has to be my own selfish agenda. I know this. She says he shuts down and becomes withdrawn. I can see that. He can be very quiet.  

Saturday is Coleen's birthday. She will be 41. I told her she needs to have a party but she really wants to go away with Mark somewhere. So I doubt I'll be a part of any birthday plan she makes. She said she would text me but I've already made my mind up to low-key anything.I really need to not be thinking about her so much. It's a work in progress.

I've been thinking more and more that I need to be responsive to Janet. She has never shown me more than friendship but lately it seems like she wants me to take her out. The last few months she has been asking about what I am planning for my weekends and I have been either busy or unable to make anything happen. She clearly would like my company more. But not in a romantic way. She just had brace put on her teeth and probably thinks no one is attracted to her, but even with braces she is still really hot. Or at least I think she is. So the next time she tells me she has no plans I going to ask her out for dinner. No expectations though.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Message for Crystal... seems like you may be my only blog reader. Thanks for your comment. I'm wondering why you stopped blogging. I hope it wasn't anything I may have said.  It looks like you need a break from things. I'll miss reading your entries but if you obviously need to deal with life and not waste time on trivial matters. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I'M SURE YOU HAVE EXSPECTATIONS AND IT IS NORMAL TOO; JUST GO 4 IT AND SEE WHERE IT GETS YOU 4 U NEVER KNOW!

Anonymous said...

I read your entries everytime you have one. Guess I am one of those closet commenters don't always make one and should. I know it makes me happy when people make a comment in my journal. Hope things work out for you with Colleen give it some time. Have a dear friend from high school who is still in love with my best friend back then, have never married. Trying ever so hard to get him to move on afraid he is in love with a memory.
Have a great weekend.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I haven't stopped writing I just haven't been home and I got someone working on my computer. Seems like you have some readers though that's good. I sometimes read journals to and not  leave a comment. Ima read your entries  now and get caught up a little. lol Hope your doing good though. Ima write in my journal now i guess  you can take a look when you get a chance. And yes I have missed ya lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah I heard that Florida has a big black out. Thank God I'm not there. Not sure if they are still having that problem. I hope you able to get a chance to go see your parents. They would probley really like that.