Monday, February 11, 2008

I feel cold and it's not just the weather

It's freezing here. Lucky I'm working at home today so I don't need to venture out into the cold. But it's still really cold in the house. My cat finds the only patch of sunlight just to try and be warm. I'm going to try to bake something just to warm things up.

Yes... baking a cake that's what I need. The comfort of baking. At least the house now is warmed up a little. This would have been Lisa's birthday cake but she's not interested in seeing me now that Carmine is back after a month away.

I've been having the urge to listen to my old vinyl records. I have all the old Beatles records from the 60's that haven't been played since college. They still sound good. Different than CD which I can't explain. Maybe I miss the pops and crackles. But the stereo mix is different too.

Call it arrested developement. But for a moment I close my eyes and I can be 20 again.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i used to listen to my parents' records-- they are way better then the cd versions!