Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday stuff - zero regret

I spent my Saturday night home alone. Spent zero dollars which is needed. I do have a $40 balance in my account ... first time I've had a positive balance before payday since the job changed from weekly pay to twice monthly. The fact that I now have a credit card I can use helps although I haven't used it except to get gas. Okay ... I bought new sunglasses too. But I am trying to be within budget by staying home more.

There really was no reason to go out anyway. As far as I knew everyone else had alternate plans. Roberta was going to a wedding, Janet had special dinner for her church, Lisa was off with Carmine, Coleen was with Mark. And if I went out and saw Jami I am afraid of what message that might give. So I made baked chicken breasts rice and mushroom sauce which came out not so good. I tried using some milk instead of cream and the rice tastes like rice pudding. Too much milk I guess. It's missing something. Good thing it was just me.

Earlier in the day Janet called me to see what I might be up to. Seemed like she wanted to meet me after her dinner. In a different time I would have jumped at the chance to meet up with her. But I'm not going to make ambiguous plans. I'm still trying to figure out why but it has to be better than how I always make myself available at the last minute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice that you made dinner though. Even if you think it didn't come right. Atleast you tried. HOpe your doing good !! TTYL :)