Monday, February 4, 2008

Giants win!

After a week of bad news and despair, my dad's beloved Giants won the Super Bowl. It feels like a gift from God. If only we could have all good news today.

I've always liked the Jets, but last night I felt like I really needed the Giants to win and give my dad something good to have. Because the other news has been beyond bad. Although there will be a second opinion, the initial diagnosis for my dad is that he has cancer in his rectum, liver and lungs. The doctor estimates that his likely prognosis is 1 year with treatment or 6 months without treatment. He's decided he will not get any invasive treatment. Which I guess means he's got 6 months. He's 75 and he's been sick with emphysema for more that 10 years so any additional medication will probably hurt more than help. We all expected that he would eventually get sick from that. It's a shock that it's cancer.

I called him Sunday several times and he feels sick a lot but other than that he says he's okay. I need to book a trip down there before the end of the month. I don't know how long he can remain active but I hope it will be at least 3 or 4 months.

I spent the game at the bar and had Coleen next to me most of the night. I wonder if she knows how much I have a crush on her? We made a lot of eye contact last night. I haven't felt this way since I was in my 20's. Her boyfriend returns from his trip on Tuesday. I just feel that they aren't really connected at all. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see but she said that while he's been away he hasn't called her at all. I told her I'd see her next Friday.

Which brings me to my next problem. I pretty much spent all my money and I will not get paid again until the 15th. That's a week from Friday. If I want to see Coleen I'll have to borrow money. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that. It makes me sad truly. That makes me want to stop stoping. I wish there was a easier way to stop. You should spend alot of time with your dad while you can. But who knows sometimes people live longer than the doctors say. They gave my grandpa about 6 months also and he lived 4 more years it was somthing like that. I hope your feeling ok today. ttyl