Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dad's first chemo

Just finished the family comference call. I almost missed it. My Dad had his first treatment and he says he feels fine. That is the best news in quite some time. We talked about the chemicals being used. Oxyplatin, Lucoflrin, and Floroeurocil. I don't know anything about them.

I also got my new eye glasses. I'm wearing bifocals for the first time ever. I'm having a lot of trouble getting used to them. I don't know what I can do. I'll probably get some reading glasses for work. I can still use my old ones for a little while.

Not much new since yeaterday. No real plans for the weekend except I invited Lisa to come to my house for dinner. I invited her boyfriend too but she said she would prefer it be just us. Then in the next breath she told me that she wants to find a new place to live becuase hers is too small and they had talked about looking for both of them but now he wants to wait. She wanted to know what I thought....I just said to cut him some slack. I am curious to see if there is more to this than she lets on. He was after all gone for a month.    

No comments: