Thursday, January 31, 2008

My dad is in the hospital

My dad went into the hospital on Tuesday. He was scheduled to have a colonoscapy on Wednesday. This requires a 24 hour fast. No food for a whole day caused he medications to mess him up so bad he needed to go to the ER and got checked in overnight. They are keeping him there until today as a precaution. He had his procedure yesterday and they will biopsy some tissue. We are praying is some kind of benign growth that can be removed simple. It's more than a pollup so there is cause for concern. But we expect he will be fine.

This brings back memories of Janet's mom, who died in October 2006. I remember Janet telling me the doctors had found cancer in a biopsy they did that summer and 8 weeks later she was gone. So even though you can't get too distraught until the test results are in I feel very nervous today.

Not much else really happening. I've been spending a lot of time looking at old photos that I got from my parents in Florida. If you've looked at prior posts you've seen some of them. I find it hard to look at them and not get emotional... and this is before my dad was in the hospital. It's like seeing A Wonderful Life starring my parents. Scenes from Christmas and vacations since I was a toddler.

I sent Coleen a text yesterday but nothing came back. Just said "What's new?". I don't know what I expected anyway. I'll wait and see what the weekend brings. I may blow off the bar to see Lisa again since I owe her money and she needs back. Stay tuned....

No comments: