Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lisa cancelled

So now we aren't having dinner at all. I'm sure it's her way of saying "fuck you" to me. She sent me a text message that she will need to be at her sister's and her parent's the next 2 nights so we can't have dinner. She has a bit of a family crisis going on so I'm going to assume that's the reason she doesn't want to still have dinner. But it definitely feels like she is trying to send a message. She said that I was replacing her as a friend and that I no longer felt she was worth having dinner with. Pretty much how I've felt since she started seeing Carmine.

To be honest I may be way off base. Her nephew Jason flipped out last night. A little background is necessary here. Lisa's older sister passed away from cancer last July. Her son Jason is 18 and still not graduated from high school. Since he could longer stay in Judy's rented house he had to move into Ellen's family. Ellen is also Lisa's sister. There are already a husband and 3 sons there. Last night Jason decided he doesn't feel wanted there and announced he was leaving for a shelter. He then got a ride to a friend's house. So he is 18, lost both his parents in the last 2 years, not in school, not working and now has no place to live. The family is freaking out.

I need to be understanding and not confrontational but I still have this little feeling that Lisa is spending time with her family more as an excuse than that she is actually needed for anything. I mean she going to spend Friday night with her parents. And do what? Sit around and talk about Jason? I don't think so. She is trying to make some kind of point.

You can bet there will be more on this. I have this feeling she wants to have some kind of fight so she can end our friendship. And you know what, if that's what she wants then fine, I'll just go. I'll hurt for a while but I'll get over it.

But for now I'll be patient. And keep my bad thoughts .. okay, suspicions... to myself.

No comments: