Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend - what weekend?

I skipped yesterday not because I had nothing to add but so that I may gain some perspective. I got a few dollars loaned to me from Lisa so my I'm not nearly as broke as I was. Still, I vowed not to go to the bar this weekend and thus far I haven't. Since most of my blogs entries seem to be about insidents that occur there you might think I don't have much for today. Perhaps that is true. But read on anyway.

Friday night Lisa and I had dinner at her house. It was a last minute decision so she didn't really have a plan for dinner. She through together a tuna and pasta dinner that was surprisingly good. Since I hadn't left the house since Tuesday it was good to just get in the car and go some place. Our main topic of conversation was about her cats. One of them seems to be showing hos age. He is 16 and suddenly he is peeing every where.

After dinner Lisa hands me $40 and says "take his until you get paid". At first I wanted to give it back but she reminded me that I've always been there when she needed something and I just pocketed the money.

Before I left we had a brief conversation about what happens when Carmine comes back from his vacation. I wanted to remind her that I enjoy seeing her and don't want to be persona non grata just because she has a boyfriend. I don't know if she really heard me but she did agree. 

 

The picture is pretty much the entire place. It's really small.

I also got a text message from Coleen again at a little past 5 on Friday. She just said hello and she was home with a cold. It makes me feel good that she wants to keep contact with me. So I sent her a text on Saturday afternoon. It took almost 3 hours but she eventually did respond. Just said she felt better. I don't know if she was out though.

I got a call from Janet on Saturday too. Janet went to the bar on Friday and said she had too much to drink and had to get a ride home. She sais it was mostly caused by her not having anything to eat and for her drinking on an empty stomach makes her get drunk really fast. She seemed to be hinting at if I wanted to see her on Saturday night. I told her I'd call her later which I did but got no answer. I really didn't want to go anywhere so I was happy to leave a message. She never did call back.

So Saturday night i was home. Lisahad said she might join me for dinner and I have a meatloaf I can make. But she decided she wanted to stay home and keep an eye on her sick cat. So I didn't make the meatloaf and just stayed home and drank margaritas all night.

Not much excitement. I'm almost ashamed to even save this. Next weekend as to be better.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

group therapy-- i like it.  you have good insight and i'd be honored to link your blog to my other fave blogs on the fave sites part--

Anonymous said...

i was gonna say that somehow when i woke up this am i actually felt ok again :D  sometimes a little wallowing is a good thing.