Friday, November 18, 2011

Where am I going, Where have I been

Coming to the end of another work week. I'm not sure about how this weekend will play out. I have been getting myself out there a little more since I now have a little cash to play around with.
Wednesday night I enjoyed a dinner with Carolyn and that was fine but last night I found myself wandering into the bar in hopes of saying hello to Coleen. Of course she was there because she is always there. Mostly I was wondering if she and her boyfriend were still on the rocks. They aren't. Whatever was wrong two weeks ago they seemed to have patched up. So I broke her chops a little about how she hasn't called me in 2 weeks.
So naturally when she suggested I stop at her house Thanksgiving morning I sort of said "what for?"
She said "You always stop in on Thanksgiving". Really? Maybe I need to look that up. I do recall going there last year. I'm still kicking myself for doing that. Then why am I even looking to talk to her at the bar? Because stupid is what stupid does.
Last thing she says is I should call her. I know I shouldn't but we will see. If I'm lucky something else will grab my attention.
Which is why I sent a message to Carolyn to see if we could get together later. Her response was typically ambiguous. She said she needs to stop somewhere after work but maybe after that. What does that mean? 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30 ... I don't know.
with that I'll be heading home in a few wondering if I'll even get out the door tonight.

No comments: