Sunday, July 3, 2005

What I did

Friday night was different than I thought it would be. I called Tracy from work and she was in the local bar near the office and I should stop in. So I did. Got there and there were a bunch of people from her office that I had never met but I made myself comfortable and had a nice time. We stayed until about 7 which worked out well as I would still have time to go see my parents then maybe meet Janet at Steamboat by nine.

Well the LIRR put a wrench into that plan. It seems that someone stepped in from of a train which stopped all trains from leaving Penn Station. We all got off the train at 8 o'clock and went back to the office and took a car service home instead. I ended not getting home until well past 10. Called Janet's cell and she was at Steamboat but wasn't staying. So I missed that. Still, I asked Tracy to come out for the fireworks on Monday. She seemed interested. I'll call her and see.

So I went home had one beer and went to sleep early.  It was good thing too as I didn't get a good night sleep on Saturday. I had dinner with Mom abd Dad then as I was driving home I got a call on the cell from Lisa who was buying a bottle of wine and wanted to share it with me. So I went staight there. She hadn't eaten so we also made a side trip so she could get some pizza. We relaxed and drank a 1.5 ltr bottle of merlot. We sat on her from steps and even went for a nice walk. With Lisa I always enjoy the simple things. Just sitting and talking was just fine.

So we finished the wine and decided - like always - we wanted more. So we went to a local place and ordered up 2 glasses of wine. I soon realized I was a little more drunk than I needed to be but she always makes me feel so energized I just went with it. We even had a moment when we hugged which probably started me thinking. So we had our fill and headed back to her house.

So I told her I couldn't drive home and she said I could stay. Of course that means the couch. Still we were sitting on the floor of her livingroom which turned into laying on the floor, which turned into me giving her a massage. I must have been pushing my luck a little as we got into a truth or dare.  I don't remember what questions we asked but I was afraid maybe I went too far. I might have even made a pass, or asked if I could sleep with her... too tired to remember details but I do remember her going into her room and closing the door leaving me to sleep on the couch, as usual. Next morning I left before she woke up.

No comments: