Thursday, July 28, 2005

Last night was the worst

Judi is getting worse and worse. Obviously her cancer is progressed to the point where she will not recover. Now the best we can hope for is she gets a little better and has some more time. Every day seems precious now. She is still in ICU and not responding to any treatment. Right now she is on so much morphine she can only barely recognize what's going on.

Last night at 10:30 I went to Lisa's house and she is so upset she was sobbing. I feel so helpless. Words don't come. I want to hold her and tell her it will all be alright but I can't. It's obvious that it's not alright. Her sister is dying and there is nothing we can do or say to change that. Lisa called Judi's oncologist (cancer doctor) and her told Lisa in brutal honesty that Judi is getting the best care available. Judi's cancer has spead to her liver, kidney's and is in the sacks and fluid around her heart. Finally at 1 o'clock her told Lisa he needed to go to sleep and practically hung up on her. She was just crying and crying until 2 a.m. and then I needed to go home. She was probably up all night. I wished I could stay but I was feeling very tired and helpless at that point.

Last night Lisa's other sister sent this out in an email; "Judi needs everyone's prayers right now!  Please pray in Jesus Name for her recovery and for peace for Judi.   Thanks Everybody.  We love you all!   Ellen" I guess that's all we can do.

 

No comments: