Friday, July 15, 2005

Thursday Night in The Village

I had a really good time last night. Nothing negative at all. Steve, Derrick and I all left work at 5 sharp leaving only Adrian behind and headed downtown to The Village for drinks a 5 o'clock sharp. We were to meet up with Amie, and Steve's wife Shulpa  and Adrian's girl Luna. Of course the girls were late.

We got there and ordered up a round and then had another before Luna, Shulpa and then Amie got there. Amie looked really good. She wore jeans and a green top that accented cleavage. It was difficult to not stare. I said hello and told her she looked great. I tried to be funny by saying I was hoping to see her in her chef's outfit - she is a pastry chef. She laughed a little.

So we all had a good time. I had some brief conversations with Amie .... we talked about food and where we like to eat. I wanted to ask her to go to one of them and kind of did but did not get any kind of irm commitment. I did kind of catch her eye a few times while she was engaging in conversation with other people. She kind of smiled a little and I could tell she was checking me out a little. I got a really good vibe. I just hope it's not my imagination. I'll need to call her. Scary.

So we all went for pizza at the end of the night and then I headed for the train. I wanted to say so much but of course I choked and just gave her a nice kiss and a hug and then she was gone.

One more thing.... on the way for pizza as we were walking down the block we saw Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern Show. He was just standing there with a friend trying to decide where to go for a drink. We chatted it up and took a picture with a cell phone camera. He ended up going into a Deli and buying a "beer-in-a-bag" and hanging out with us for about 15 minutes. The strangest things happen in New York City.

No comments: