Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Lisa's family crisis

Oh God, this is real bad. On Saturday, Lisa's sister Judi went to the emergency room because she was having trouble breathing. Judi has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy. At first they thought she was only dehydrated but it turns out she was having fluid built up around her heart and lungs. On Monday they did surgery and right now she is in ICU and on a resperator. Her cancer is in the 4th stage which is about as bad as can be. Obviously they have to suspend chemo and I'm not sure what the prognosis is for her current condition.

Last night I was with her family at the hospital. Everyone was very upset and feeling very helpless. I wish I could be stronger but I really don't know what to say. I didn't realize how close I feel to them. It's really hard.

No comments: