Monday, July 25, 2005

Things worked out this weekend

I guess Thursday was the calm before the storm. I was really buzy.Friday night I left work and went right to happy hour. Didn't even stop at home. Met Janet there which was nice although I ended up buying drinks for all of her friends and ran though all my money in about 2 hours. Janet is real nice but she just isn't getting any closer to me and I just think I should relax when it comes to hanging out with her. I keep trying to impress her and that's just too much for me.

So after I'd spent 2 hours enjoying myself I got a message from Tracy who was heading out to the same place I was but didn't know it. I called her back and told her I'd wait until she got there. But by then I was broke and tired and really needed to get home. So I had a drink and a short conversation and we agreed to go sailing on my boat the next day. I said good-night by 10.

So you would think I would just call it a night and go home... but no!.I called Lisa and she and I shared some wine on the front steps of her house until around midnight. I told her all about Tracy. I told her Tracy would probably only be on my boat until about 6. We made plans to take an have dinner after Tracy went home. We just sat and talked. Went home like a good boy. Ugh!

So Saturday tried to get up early but couldn't. I needed to get food for the boat and everything took longer than I'd expected. See, if I was smart I would have done all this the night before instead of going out. So I ran a little late but we finally got away from the dock by 2. There was too much wind so we just motored out and dropped anchor and relaxed and talked.

It's been so long since I'd been close to any girl I am still struggling with how to get past the talking and on to kissing. It probably didn't help that one of Tracy's guy friends came by with his little boat. I think they might have a "friends-with-benefits" and he was making sure I knew he was around. So we just spent the day hanging out. We had lunch and were out for about 4 hours then went back. I guess I should have not had Lisa lined up to later that evening because we were really having a good time. I could see that Tracy wanted to stay so I just went with it. I got in touch with Lisa who was having a family crisis so she wouldn't make until late anyway. Tracy and I had dinner and Lisa showed up around sunset. So we all were on the boat at the dock until around 11. That's right. I had 2 girls on my boat which to some might seem very enticing. But to me 2 girls are the same as no girls when it comes to me trying anything. Not only that, but it seemed like neither one was about to leave until they knew the other one was going. So no chance to be alone with either Tracy or Lisa. Probably wouldn't have mattered.

No comments: