Monday, July 11, 2005

Sunday - A better day

Plans for Sunday included a day out on the boat with Steve, his wife Shulpa and her friend Amie. I'd met Amie before and I must admit the I do have a little bit of a crush on her. She is a very fair skinned Asian Indian who has a Connecticut accent. I'm not sure what it is that I am attracted too but I think she is very sexy.

So I made it to the boat at 11 and started to clean things up from the night before and they arrived at 12 and we were underway by 12:15. Of course there was a little more wind than I wanted so after Saturday's fiasco I refused to put up sails. I just needed a nice relaxing day. Part of me wanted to impress Amie but I knew if I flipped out that would not leave the impression I wanted.

So we steamed out of Hempstead Harbor toward Bayville. It was a little farther than I wanted to go but I didn't see any other protected anchorages. At about 1 P.M. I got a cell phone call from Lisa. The night before I suggested she should join us but she said she needed to do too much at home. But since it was a 90 degree day she decided to go after all, but of course I was already in the middle of LI Sound so I told her she would have to wait until later. Part of me wanted her there because I love her and always want her there. But I was also glad she wasn't there because I wanted to see if Amie had any interest.  

So we had a wonderful day of swimming off of Bayville and we enjoyed a nice swim even though I thought the water was a little more brown than green. All the rain had made the bacteria level higher than normal. Thoughout the day we had light conversation and in my typically shy way I was more reserved than is normal for me. I didn't really have any one on one with Amie at all. I didn't really feel any energy coming from her toward me. I don't know what I was expecting since I've been single so long I couldn't imagine how I could make anything happen. As usual, I let the day play out without forcing anything.

So after lunch and swimming we pulled up the anchor and started the 1 and a half hour trip back toward home. Everyone was very subdued. I think that is the effect of the sea. Everyone very chatty on the way out and contemplative on the way in. I was enjoying myself and didn't say much either.

We got back to the dock at 6 and took 30 minutes to clean up. We decided to go and have a cocktail at Steamboat Landing. Since I knew the way they would follow. Amie road in the back seat with Steve and Shulpa. I looked at that as a tell.... she really wasn't that interested in me. No biggie. Guess who showed up in the parking lot just as we were heading out .... LISA! I told her to follow us to Steamboat. I wasn't until we got there that I realized how odd this would be.

We hung out for about an hour and I spoke to Lisa a little but really wanted to get some one on one with Amie. It was very wierd.... when I was talking to Lisa I felt like I was ignoring Amie and when I was talking to Amie, Lisa was left alone.

So I split my time as best I could and at the end of the night I asked Amie if we could get together and guess what .... we are! Thursday night we will meet for drinks - kind of. It won't be just us but I did get her cell phone number.

So after they left Lisa and I headed off to get a bite to eat and I downplayed the day as I didn't think we really hit it off and Lisa agrees. It really didn't look like a match. So I am not getting my hopes up at all. But I don't want to just give up and feel defeated.

No comments: