Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Early Bird

I dragged myself out of bed an hour early today. That would be 5:15 AM. This was in order to make the train at 6:08 getting me into NYC by 7:10. I used this time to make it into Macy's and finish my shopping. Whew. It worked out well as I beat the crowds and took care of presents for mom, my sister, Lisa and Carolyn. It was more than $500 but I figure it's been a good year and maybe I can start the next year off on the right foot.
Then I stopped at the men's department and treated myself to a few things. Just some shirts that were marked down somewhere between 50 and 75 percent. Total was less than $60. Yay me!
I have to work today and tomorrow but then I am off for Friday and again on Monday. I guess I can get all my last minute things done Friday and get my wrapping done too. Saturday the plan is to spend Christmas Eve with my extended family. I accepted invite from Carolyn for Christmas dinner. I don't know how I feel about that but I couldn't say no.
Not much else today. I am feeling good and for once I am looking forward to a Christmas of friends and family. I've come so far to get here. I'm still alone but I feel lucky and blessed.

No comments: