Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just Another Day

I had a big night of doing laundry and not much else. I did make it down to the boat to check on it. I put clothes in the dryer and go knowing I need to get back to get the them out before 10 PM when the laundry room is supposed to close. I arrive at the boat and all seems normal until I open the hatch and hear a noise from inside. At first I thought just something fell and I notice the curtain rod was off the window. When i take a closer look I realize there was a bird inside my boat. And not a little bird either. Somehow a duck had gotten inside the boat. I guess she thought the screen on the hatch would make a nice nest but she just fell through and once inside she had no way out. I say "she" because she left me a gift of a duck egg. It looked like she wanted off the boat as much as I wanted her off the boat. But once on board she hid herself up forward. So I quietly opened every portal and hatch and then gently steered her out. Once free she flew right off. I was grateful she was okay, but she did leave me a bit of a mess to clean. What to do with the egg was tricky. I considered breakfast but I thought the best thing would be to just rid of it. It was never going to hatch but I wasn't about to eat it. So into the dumpster it went. The duck will just need to lay new one.
I guess you could call that the highlight of my day. The laundry got all done. The rest of the night was spent watching TV. And now the TV looks like it's broken. I pray it's just the cable box since I'm in no position to buy a new TV and for sure I don't want to deal with getting it down the stairs again. How I will have the box checked out I'm not sure.
I also got an email from Carolyn's sister Nancy. I actually knew Nancy before I met Carolyn. In fact it was Nancy who introduced me to her some 5 or 6 years back. At some point since then they have had a falling out. I won't go into those details but they haven't spoken to each other in years. Up until now I've remained friends with both of them. Nancy's email was about how I saw her sister. Not sure how she found that out but I told her yes, I saw her sister. I'm not sure if I shouldn't have just ignored it. Probably will be a problem at some point. I just hope it doesn't get complicated.

No comments: