Thursday, June 2, 2011

I am in the weeds

I am dealing with another crisis at work. I refuse to believe this is of my making. It seems there is a conversion to the next level of COBOL and I was given exactly 1 week to test and it is not working. Not only that but I have been thrown under the bus by the people who are supposed to be my support. I worked 3 hours late last night and accomplished exactly nothing. Because I am still stuck with a program that works in the old version and not working in the new one. The cut-over to the new version occurs on Monday and if I am not able to fix the problem I may just be sent home.
With that I cancelled my plans last night to go to the gym. It may only be my perception but I feel like I am 100 lbs. heavier. Not a good day to look in the mirror and start thinking about the beach, which by the way, we have perfect weather for.
Things need to get better at this job or I may have a new "I need a job" blog.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That's too bad about work, but I think (hope) that things usually seem or feel worse than they actually are. If the new program doesn't work - then it doesn't work. You said you had to test it - who designed it? Is there a tech. support where you work or one fairly geeky tech-savvy guy that might help you out?

Well I hope this doesn't ruin your weekend.

Mikeg5162000 said...

Cindy - Tried to find you on FB but need more than name ... try sending a friend request to me at mikeg516@aol.com.