Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Night not so live

It's Saturday night and I'm sitting here with the computer for my only company. It's sad but I guess it's better than last Saturday's experience. I did make it out for a fun evening Friday night with Roberta and Janet. We went to hear R & B (Mo-town really) at a place about 30 minutes away. I volunteered to stay sober and be the designated driver. So no drinking for me ... which is a good thing. But I danced anyway and liked it mostly. I'm trying to have fun at least but it isn't easy as my heart still feels wounded. I will not tell them about what happened. They may find out but not from me.
My morning started at the gym ... my workouts are becoming more intense. I have all this angst that I am using to power me. I feel like it's helping my self-esteem as I become more fit. Roberta commented last night that I have lost some weight.
Tomorrow is the annual Sea Cliff Village Mini-Mart. It's kind of a street fair that brings out a lot of people that live in the area and many I've known since grade school. I'll try to take a few pictures that will brighten this sad and depressing story.
Oh and one last note. While I spent a good part of the day hanging out with Roberta and Janet I needed to get down to the boat to get some more work done. While there I got my first text message from Coleen in a couple of days. She asked if I was at the boat. I just replied "yup" and that was the end of that. It's a week of nothing but text messages ... almost everyday. I don't know what she thinks and I'm trying not to care. There - I'm done with that.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Good for you!! Even if your heart isn't exactly in it, I'm glad you got out and did something a bit different. The Mini Mart sounds awesome! I love things like that! And pictures would be great! I just finished my 36 hour weekend shift at work and am so looking forward to the next 4 days off!! I hope you have an interesting week!! Take Care - Cindy