Friday, October 15, 2010

My Date

I guess it was a date. I went to meet Yvonne for dinner last night. She is a little over 40. Okay ... for starters she isn't that great to look at. She lives here is Florida and I knew it wasn't going to turn into anything special. But I really had a great time. She is really very nice. Funny and very up beat. I think she was really trying to impress me since she was a little overdressed. Considering we were only having dinner in a sports bar it surprised me. She said she really only has work clothes and nice clothes. Very casual was fine with me.
So we talked a lot. It felt good to sit with someone who seemed interested in what I had to say. By the end of dinner I didn't feel like I wanted to say goodnight. Then she asked if I like to smoke pot. Now I've done that before but not in such a long time and I just said no. It was that moment that I realized when the time came to end the night I needed to just call it over and just be sure I made a Florida friend and leave it at that. You know I considered taking her up on her offer but looking back I think I did the right thing. Remember she is someone my mom knows so I swore that that whole thing would not get back to mom.
But it was great to go out and have a date and I think I need to make that happen some more. Not sure what I'll try to do when I get home but I will for sure try something new that I haven't done before. I know Roberta and Janet were trying to talk me into going on a Speed Date Event. I more open to it now than I was before last night.

No comments: