Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Life As Mike

I had another Valentine alone last night. Didn't send any and didn't get any. Given the name of this blog you might think I'm feeling bad about but that doesn't seem to be the case. I was home last night. Just me, the cat, a bag of potato chips and a bunch of sappy sit-coms about Valentine's Day. I considered calling somebody, anybody, but I was thinking I'd rather not let the world know I was alone. And I really didn't want to find out what anyone else was doing. Let them all think I was out with someone else. They all think that anyway. I considered the bar but I couldn't even do that. There was no human contact with anyone last night.
I did go out last night to the electronics store and buy myself a new laptop pc. It's a real cheap one that I'll use for emails and iTunes and a place to put my pictures. So I'm guaranteed to keep access to the blog.
I don't hear from Janet much any more. That may be due to my own fault since I am not being too receptive lately. But it may also be her issues at work right now. Things have become very difficult for her lately since the ousted the management there and replaced them with corporate trolls. She knows the job is relocating but then just haven't said where. When I last saw her Saturday she said she was having a real tough time. I considered giving her a call to see how she is doing. Probably not a good thing to do until after Valentine's Day. So tonight I'll reach out to her. If she wants to talk I'll be glad but if she's upset with me about whatever I may just need to stay out of her life for a while. I want to spend less time around her anyway.
So what's left. The rest of the week will be fairly normal. It's doubtful that I'll do anything more than just work.

No comments: