Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Suicide Attempt

My ex-wife who I divorce more than ten years ago attempted suicide. I don't know how she got to this point since I haven't seen her in about 2 years and my last contact with her was when I emailed her on my birthday and she replied with a nasty email.

I was at the hospital 3 times in the last 2 days. I also spoke to some of her friends... if you can call them that. I can't spend too much time on this but I need to lay out some of the facts. Last October Brenda made a will and also had a health care proxy designating her friend Rich. Last Saturday she went to his house and put it in his mailbox ... a trip that would take about an hour round trip. She then bought a pizza and went home and downed a bunch of pills... I don't know what kind. It wasn't until Monday night that she was found by her former tenant who still has a key and was told by one of Brenda's clients that she missed her Monday appointment. When he came in and saw her he called 911 and they took her to the Emergency Room and then the ICU. There was a not for Rich that basically said "whoever finds me please call Rich".

I am not sure how I'm supposed the handle this. Right now I need to sleep.

No comments: