Monday, May 21, 2012

Which way to go.

I am going in so many different directions I'm not sure where to start. Friday night started just like the others lately. I get home from work and I have no specific plans. I considered going to the bar but I pretty much have been staying out of there and looking for other options. I also considered staying in and having dinner at home and then going down to the marina and enjoy relaxing there. Then the phone rang and before I knew it I was having dinner with Lisa. We went for sake and sushi.
We were going to just have a nice dinner and then call it a night but I casually mentioned there was a canival going on down at the beach near the boat. Lisa said she would love to go check it out. Next thing I knew I was going on rides with Lisa with all these kids. She was loving it and I was afraid I was going to lose my dinner. I know Lisa for more than 10 years and I had no idea how much she loves these rides. I was easily the oldest one there. And getting sick was a very real problem, but I managed to survive. I want to blame the dinner, but nothing bothered Lisa.
I really enjoyed the feeling of doing these things with Lisa. I don'y want to start bonding too much with her again but it's really hard. I've totlally gotten away from anything else. I want to spend as much time with her as I can.
I know we are only going to be friends and that is the limit. I'm sure she has her own things she wants. So when she called me on Saturday from her sister's just to see how I was doing I invited myself there for dinner. Probably should not have done that. By Sunday I think she had enough Mike time. I sent her a message to see if she wanted to do something I got no response until 5 PM. She said she had left her phone on the changer so didn't know I'd texted. By then I was enjoying a glass of wine with Carolyn, of all people. I hadn't seen her in weeks and she had come down to her boat to clean. I helped her a bit but not too long. It was a nice distraction.
So like I said ... many directions.

No comments: