Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF

This is my last day at work before I begin a 2 week vacation. That will bring me right up through my birthday and Labor Day weekend. I've been trying to plan getting away but since it's just me I have been reluctant to commit to anything. I guess I also had hopes of something happening relationship-wise. I really need to let that go and get on with living my life.

The wine and cheese party on the boat last night got washed out by the rain. I spent my evening relaxing at home. Things have gotten back to normal. Coleen is back with Mark and she is there most nights. I got a text message from her late last night. I will see her tonight but I'm sure she will have the boyfriend with her. My other friends have been telling me to distance myself from her but as yet I haven't been able to do it. I keep thinking what if I'd gone to the boat Sunday? She went there looking for me. That was when they reunited. My only rationalization is it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I also had a brief online conversation with Lisa. She has been ranting about her boyfriend not being romantic to the point where she is unsure of what their future is. I wish I didn't know this. I feel like I'd just gotten to where I felt like I'd moved on.

I'm just in an odd place right now. It will need to pass.

No comments: