Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Moving On

I feel better although I don't know why. I finally heard from Coleen yesterday afternoon. The reason I didn't hear from her was exactly what i had thought. After I disappointed her by not being at the boat she went and found Mark and spent the afternoon and evening with him. Since I figured that was inevitable I'm not too emotional about it. Better to not have gotten closer only to have the rug pulled out from under my feet.

I guess what I can now see is how much she will want to latch on to whoever she may go for after Mark. I don't exactly know if I'm ready for that. No that summer is drawing to a close I can see my involvement with her start to shrink. Too much time has gone by to have anything really happen between us. It also seems that most, if not all, of my friends see her as a bad option for me.

So little by little I'm feeling better about things as they are. I may change that next time I'm here but right now I'm getting on with other things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you !!! I kind of think if it's meant to be it will work it's way out anyway. But it sounds like at the least you have a good friend in Coleen. You never know who may be coming into your life that might be that special person. Have a great day - the sun is out here at last and I'm going to enjoy it before work
Take care
Cindy