Monday, July 14, 2008

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I managed to sidestep what for me would have been a sticky situation. On Thursday night Coleen had talked about going on a weekend trip on the boat. I initially was all for it but then after thinking about it on the drive home I became very conflicted. How could I overnight with someone I am so very attracted to but only as friends?

Well, the problem fixed itself when Coleen told me on Friday she got her "time of the month" and wouldn't be up to doing much of anything for a day or two. That's probably more detail then anyone should want. But the plan was called off so I didn't need to deal with it anymore.

Saturday she was uncomfortable but was at least able to come out for dinner.

I took both Janet and Coleen out to have lobster at the outdoor restaurant. I did feel like "who has it better than me?" On the way back home I made them stop at a beach so we could watch the sunset.

 

This is from the Bayvlle beach.

Coleen got a call ... not Mark though.

Janet always seems to have her mind on something else but we all enjoyed the moment.

So after sunset I put the camera away and we had a drink in our favorite bar. I was driving, but Coleen got a ride home after from her friend Tony. I could tell she had a good time. I got Janet home without incident.

What a surprise when the next day she told me she was speaking to Mark again. She and I spent the day together but Mark came buy on his motorcycle and somehow I ended up agreeing to having dinner with both of them.

What a surreal event that was. Coleen cooked and I did enjoy a nice meal. But then Coleen and Mark started to talk about vacations and he told me about how he goes to St Martins every year andmeets a Brazilian girl that he pays to spend time with. He insisted that they just have dinner and go dancing but Coleen got a little bent out of shape and I got really uncomfortable so I said my goodbyes. It was a bad moment.... as I left Coleen was sitting alone out front and I could tell she was seething.

I don't know what happened after I left but at 6:40 a.m. this morning I got a text message from Coleen that said she would be missing work today and staying home. She said she left last night not long after me. I'm not sure if I handled thing right. I wish I had told her she could talk to me if she wanted, but then I would be waiting for that and it's beter if I just let her deal with her own stuff.

So the weekend goes not quite what I expected. I really need to make a move soon because I can't keep doing the things I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mark is just using Coleen.................. lay it on the line with Coleen and let her no how you feel, I feel for you, you deserve someone to love you only.............. have a great day, nice pictures............... hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

I agree :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment from Sherry. Seems to me the only one working at any kind of a relationship with Mark is Coleen and it also sounds like that's a complete waste of her time and effort. Too bad she can't see this. He definately isn't in it for the long haul. As always - good luck!
Cindy