Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Catching my Breath

I took a ride after work and saw Coleen's car parked near our favorite watering hole. So I stopped in and enjoyed her company for a few hours. I really wanted to take the opportunity to have a serious conversation to see if I could change our dynamic. I guess you could say I went half way there. She told me her and Mark are having a tough time and she really still wants that commitment from him. I then went into the fact that when he snapped at her I thought he was being a little extreme. I also stated the fact that his vacation story made me feel like leaving which I did. In case you missed it his vacation includes a woman he pays to have dinner with and who knows what else. So at least I got that off my chest although I did fail to mention how much I like her because I still get a sense that she is planning her life around him.

I gradually lightened things up and we ended up going out to dinner. We went to a new place that we had both been to before but never together. It was a little nicer place too. Some what more elegant. A funny thing always happens when I go out to a restaurant that feels just a little more special. It seems like the waiters sense things and try to make it more romantic. There was another couple across from us that I got into a friendly conversation with. It must be because we laugh so much that we spread that life is good feeling around the room so much that everyone cheers up. I've noticed this before.

So after dinner we had a moment. It happened so fast I'm almost not sure I imagined it. Coleen kissed me. Not like a deep passionate kiss, but also not a kiss like hello or goodbye. This was when we got in the car after dinner, she said thanks and kissed me. It was a soft sweet thing. And of course I never saw it coming. But I want to make a move now. When we said good night there was a promise for more, but dammit if she isn't still holding out for that stupid Mark. Oh well, breathe in, breathe out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, this entry made me smile. I feel for you, lol, you're really jumping through all the hoops (but in a good way). I think (and hope) that Coleen wakes up soon and sees that all her wants and dreams are standing right in front of her - it's you! Remember the things that are worth having take time.
Have a great night!
Cindy