About a month ago I made a mix cd of music I thought Coleen might like. I know it's cheesy but I did give it to her. I also kept a copy for myself. Here is a list of songs on it.
1) Van Zant - Help Somebody[04:13]
2) Shooter Jennings - 4Th Of July (Featuring George Jones)[04:26]
3) Craig Morgan - Redneck Yacht Club[03:48]
4) Big & Rich - Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)[03:21]
5) Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats[03:19]
6) Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman[03:42]
7) Trick Pony - Just What I Do[03:21]
8) Montgomery Gentry - Hell Yeah[04:50]
9) Toby Keith - I Love This Bar[05:35]
10) Tracy Byrd - Ten Rounds With Jose Cuervo[03:02]
11) Bon Jovi - Who Says You Can't Go Home[04:40]
12) Lee Ann Womack - I'll Think Of A Reason Later[03:39]
13) Carolyn Dawn Johnson - I Don't Want You To Go[04:33]
14) Miranda Lambert - Kerosene[03:05]
15) Travis Tritt - It's A Great Day To Be Alive[04:01]
16) Big & Rich, Cowboy Troy - I Play Chicken With the Train[03:16]
The first song by Van Zant is actually one she turned me on to. She knows the members in the band if you can believe that. Seems that her ex-husband is part of their road crew. The Shooter Jennings song I picked for her because she was seeing him as the warm-up band for the Charlie Daniels Band and had never heard his songs. The rest are just an assortment of alt-country stuff. I know she likes it because I was in her car closing the windows before a thunderstorm and that was playing in her car cd player.
It really is a kick ass cd.... Lisa and I were out one night and it was in my cd player and we had a blast. I especially liked Redneck Yacht Club. i really am in the wrong part of the country since we don't have a single country station here.
I got a call on my cell from Coleen around dinner time. She says to expect her for fireworks. I still expect her boyfriend to pull the string on her. We will see. I may be off line most of the coming weekend but be prepared for a long blog on Monday.