Thursday, July 3, 2008

Good things

Winding up a work week and getting geared up for a holiday weekend. It's all good right now. I have had several conversations with Coleen and she sounds like she and I will see each other a lot this weekend. If you read the prior post you will see my mix CD that I had made for her more than a month ago. The second song is Shooter Jennings' 4TH of July. That song was my inspiration for getting the CD into Coleen's hands. The excuse was her going to see a Shooter Jennings show, but it is also the song itself being about being with her by then.

She had been saying she was looking at her life and wants to either get married or she would move in a new direction. Well, her deadline was July 2nd. And that day has come and gone. While I refuse to point that out to her it does feel like she hasn't gotten that thing she wanted. I'm not in a place to ask her for closure, only she can decide that. But she is making herself available to me this weekend.

On the other hand I need to plan my life apart from her. As much I want to have her be a big part of my life, we still lack anything resembling romance. So I want to plan a vacation for the summer. The last weekend of summer my brother is going to Block Island on his boat and I can't seem to get crew to go on my boat. So I inquired if there may be room for me. His plan includes taking my elderly parents too. A lot has to happen for that, primarily my dad's health, and their willingness to travel but it sounds very reasonalble. So then I tell my sister Maryliz about it and she says she would like to go and if she goes then I will take my boat. My bro-in-law Ken might have to work, but he may go too. So we spitballed some ideas and we've got a plan started.

Life is very good right now.

 

No comments: